Friday, November 07, 2008

Sallow Husk

Track 3 from the spring 1999 Confession of Faith release
Children of a Dying Sun




i've dealt my life these burdens
that cling with grasp renewed
that stammer 'round my virtue
like a hunted dog pursued

ravaged and left for dead
see it lay there still

so underneath a crooked tree
a clearing there ahead
it looks so shelter abandoned
with the watchman king nailed dead

dark

earth

and

dirt

my grievances are self made
for my pursuers i have wrought
myself would adhere to Love
if myself to Love i brought

and pinned beneath that sallow husk
attached to would like steel
my whole self as a human
my whole soul with poignant zeal

then i am cleansed
then i am whole
then i am in Love
then i am Love




view my website for more art
or a free version of this song
or straight here to hear this song or show your support with a song purchase

No comments: