Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Sacrament

Track 1 from the 1993 Confession of Faith release
The Sacrament




The Sacrament

You tell me this is love I feel
Beside your nakedness I knee
Entwined in this sickening bliss
And praying for my saviors kiss
You say salvation will never die
Beneath your naked skin I lie
I know you see the tears I shed
But laughingly you turn your head
You fuck me for the love of skin
How worthless I know my life has been
You bathe me then in love’s disease
That pulls me to my helpless, my helpless knees
Chained upon your lonely bed
You fuck me while the tears I shed
Cloud my eyes that know not love
That see salvation far, so far above
Please taste death upon my tongue
For it’s by you that love was hung
So cold my soul upon the floor
Raping love you made a whore
Should we really be in love



"The Sacrament" This is part 3 of the winter 1995 Confession of Faith performance at Ground Zero in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This performance was done during the time COF was negotiating their way onto the Triple X Records compilation "Dim View of the Future". Dark and ominous are crutial elements in a COF performance. This song is from the ep "The Sacrament".



'The Sacrament' This is very Confession of Faith, dark lighting, the intense aural, industrial cascade. This song is from The Sacrament ep. The crowd seems very intense due to the fact that this was performed in the lunchroom for the 1993 Jefferson High School Battle of the Bands and most of the students probably hadn't seen or heard music like this.




view my website for more art
or a free version of this song
or straight here to hear this song or show your support with a song purchase

No comments: