Sunday, November 09, 2008

Like Judas

Track 2 from the 1993 Confession of Faith release
The Sacrament




Like Judas

By your purity rise us all and from your sickening love I fall
I pray for love but from love I fall
Weep my child in this sickened delight
And pray salvation to my endless night
For over life I chose this power
For the taste of love had turned sour
You have turned away from me your head
And left me drowning in the tears I shed
Like a dying child to you I clung
Wanting someone I had hung
I’m so diseased I’m so diseased
Will you still love me
With a kiss like Judas I betray
My salvation consumed in decay
I know I was so sickening
I know love I will yearn
As I fell from grace
You did turn
You have watched me slowly as I bled
My sickening love from your withered bed
And all I love does seem to die
So here alone I do cry
Please dear god my eyelids close
I gave my love a blackened rose
She took this flower and turned so old
Love to me is so cold
So weep my child is this sickened delight
And pray salvation to my endless night
For over life I chose this power
For the taste of love had turned sour



'Like Judas' This is very Confession of Faith, dark lighting, the intense, aural, industrial cascade. This song is from The Sacrament ep. The crowd seems very intense due to the fact that this was performed in the High School lunchroom for the 1993 Jefferson High School Battle of the Bands and most of the students probably hadn't seen or heard music like this.





view my website for more art
or a free version of this song
or straight here to hear this song or show your support with a song purchase

No comments: