Sunday, November 09, 2008

lower

Track 1 from the 1996 Confession of Faith release
i am god's chosen



Lower
Recede back and the ground gives way
I stumble left in dismay
For I am righteous and my deeds are of good
But only a sinner has breathed where i’ve stood
So feast thee with thine eyes
And view my sins with due accord
And see the path of a wretched man
Whose raised himself above the lord
When we all find ourselves kneeling before
Well surely love will reign even then
Let’s stack us our accomplishments beside god
Amounting nothing
For we’re all damned
So I’ll build me an idol
And on it’s shoulders I’ll place my head
Caress it I will and lay my soul at it’s feet dead





view my website for more art
or a free version of this song
or straight here to hear this song or show your support with a song purchase

No comments: